Coronavirus (COVID-19) Main
The TASIS School in Dorado is following the CDC recommendation of planning and preparing for the possibility of a community-level outbreak of COVID-19 or any community pandemic requiring the suspension of classes for an extended period. The following document outlines our plan for approaching online and off-campus learning for our PPK-12th grade students. This plan is differentiated based on the age range of our students, and if ever needed to be implemented, there may need to be adjustments depending on circumstances.
● While the plan will rely primarily on technology tools for communication purposes and for many of the tasks assigned, teachers will also plan individual learning and school-based experiences that are not only technology-based as a way to balance “screen time.”
● We recognize the importance of the arts and physical education to our students, and we will incorporate these disciplines as well.
● Our approach will not simply mirror a school day’s worth of work. There will be a blend of assignments planned within the framework of a week, and for our secondary students, this will include occasional live sessions with teachers and classmates.
● For our PPK-2nd grade students, parents/caregivers will be primarily responsible for sharing the assignments with students, which will be sent electronically through Veracross, and depending on circumstances, hard copies will also be available to be picked up at school.
● Our 3rd-12th grade students will be able to access and submit assignments using our online platforms.
● If possible, the CDC recommends schools remain open while classes are suspended so our teachers will have access to instructional materials for planning and to our high-speed internet service for online sessions.