Marine Biology for Upper Elementary Students
One-week program • June 3-7, 2019 • $400
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 16 STUDENTS. ENROLL TODAY!
The focus of the program is to explore the organisms of the coastal ecosystems by participating in activities such as fish counts on the reef, seagrass survey, and biodiversity of the coastal reef systems. Youngsters will snorkel and swim throughout the week and also have laboratory experiences indoors at the Marine Biology Program at the University of Puerto Rico, Humacao Campus.
Directed by dynamic educator Tere Mendoza, our Marine Biology program will be an unforgettable marine science experience.
Some of the places that we visit*:Day Trips, Lunch & Snacks
- Vegabajeños Impulsando Desarrollo Ambiental Sustentable (VIDAS)
- Reserva Marina Arrecife de la Isla Verde
- Reserva Tres Palmas at Rincón
- Reserva Natural del Escambrón - Scuba Dogs
- Reserva Las Cabezas de San Juan-Seven Seas Beach at Fajardo
REQUIREMENTS: Students must know how to swim.
Please bring the following equipment:
- Rash guards
- Snorkeling gear: mask, snorkel & fins
* Subject to change
Space is limited! First come, first serve basis.