Staff Spotlight: Welcome Félix Nieves
Felix joins us to teach Geometry and Physics for 9th grade. He holds a B.B.A. in Finance with a minor in Mathematics and a Juris Doctor from the University of Puerto Rico in Río Piedras.
He has 15 years of experience teaching college preparatory Math and Science and six years with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme across the secondary grades in Algebra, Geometry, Physics, Precalculus, Engineering Mathematics, and Calculus-Based Statistics. Also, he has extensive experience as a coach for the secondary school Math team.
Felix is also the author of a textbook on Applied Calculus-Based Statistics and implemented workshops on the use and programming of graphing calculators to enhance student understanding.
For his new academic year at TASIS Dorado, he looks forward to a year of new challenges and adventures. We are happy to have him on our TD Math and Science team!
Q&A with Félix Nieves
- Full Name: Félix Nieves Morales
- Email/Phone: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position at TD: Faculty, 9th-grade Geometry, and Physics
- TD Start Date: August 2020
- I grew up in: Quebradillas, Puerto Rico
- Family : Wife: Julitsa; Pets: Fluffy (labradoodle dog), Cachita (land turtle), Dixie and Jelly (parakeets)
- Education: B.B.A. (Bachelors in Business Administration), Major in Finance, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, J.D. (Juris Doctor) the University of Puerto Rico, School of Law
- Hobbies/passion projects: Collecting Vintage and Modern Calculators, Books, and Heavy Metal Music
- A teacher who inspired me and why: Fortunato Benítez, my 10th-grade Geometry teacher, he helped me understand that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
- What's your favorite quote? "For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him, that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath." - Matthew 25:29
- What was the first concert you ever went to? Iron Maiden, Somewhere Back in Time World Tour
- What's on your bucket list? Go on vacation to New York City with my wife.
- Which skill would you love to learn? Play fretless-six stringed bass
- What is your favorite movie? The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- Looking forward to in 2020-21: A year of new challenges and adventures!