Book List - Summer & Fall 2020
How to Order Books
Here are the steps to follow for the new book ordering procedure:
1. Go to the Book List page here of your student's grade level and identify the books and platforms they need for their summer and school year courses. Foreign Language, Music, and AP courses are on separate pages. (If a course your student is taking does not appear on any list, then no book or platform is required.)
2. Make a book list of only the courses your student is taking. You'll need the list as a reference when ordering at the bookstore.
3. Visit the Libreria Contemporánea website and click on the TASIS Dorado page and find your student's grade level. AP, Foreign Language, and Music course books are on separate pages here as well.
4. Select the materials you need from the list you made from our website and process your order. (Note: Membean, SSL platforms, and certain AP books will be provided at TASIS Dorado in August, and student accounts will be charged at that time. Libreria Contemporánea will not provide these items.)
5. Choose your delivery option: shipped to your home or store pickup.
We appreciate your patience with this new process, and ultimately, it should be faster and more efficient for all.
Summer Reading 2020
TASIS Dorado is committed to the premise that learning is a lifelong process; the school encourages all learners to be active and curious throughout the school year and beyond. We also recognize that changes in summer schedules, including travel, vacations, camps, academic programs, family time, and – for older students – work and volunteer activities, mean that structuring time for learning can be challenging. We support our students’ and families’ needs and encourage them to take a break, recharge, and enjoy new activities during the summer months. However, research has shown that without exposure to reading, writing, and math during the extended summer break, students suffer from “summer amnesia” when they return to school in August. For that reason, we strongly encourage all our families to support their students’ learning through our summer vacation learning guidelines while still enjoying the summer. We want all students to return to school energized, confident, and motivated as they begin the new year!
Book List - Fall 2020
All Grades, Workbooks, Supplemental Reading, AP's and Foreign Languages (Updated June 5, 2020)