Fundraising Raffle during COVID-19 Update
We understand that many of you were looking forward to supporting TASIS Dorado through this fundraiser. We hope to continue our activities when getting back to campus. We recommend you keep your tickets and collected cash in a safe place, and we will notify you how and when to turn it in once we come back to school.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
WIN BIG! New Raffle Prizes
Dear TD Community,
As we know, Puerto Rico declared a state of emergency after being struck by a series of earthquakes, including a powerful 6.4 magnitude earthquake on January 7.
We at TASIS Dorado, together with the Wellness & Athletics Committee, have decided to do our part to help out by creating an Earthquake Relief Fund. We have chosen to conduct a raffle sale to unite our community and make a positive difference for those in the south.*
Large numbers of children continue to live in conditions of uncertainty and fear -- and many are worried they won't complete their education.
Nearly two months after the disaster, after classrooms were destroyed or damaged, there are still hundreds of girls and boys partially or entirely out of school, and many more are still recovering from the trauma of the earthquake and continuous aftershocks.
Our commitment is to support the temporary learning centers that have been created and deliver supplies to get children back into safe, normal environments where they can learn and begin to recover from the trauma of an emergency situation. We have set a goal of $100,000, and we need your help in achieving it and delivering this much-needed help as soon as possible. From the proceeds, 50% will be dedicated to the earthquake relief fund and 50% to the capital campaign for The Wellness & Athletics Center at TASIS Dorado.
We are asking each student to be in charge of 10 raffle tickets. Support this endeavor by selling the tickets, or by purchasing them for yourself to be in the drawing for such fantastic prizes.
Once you have sold/bought what you can, please return the ticket stubs (with name/contact details completed) to your homeroom teacher or advisor. Please return both sold and unsold tickets by Friday, March 27, 2020.
Ticket prices are $10 each. The major raffle drawing will occur Wednesday, April 1, 2020, at the TPA meeting. Winners will be notified via email (unless present). If you would like to increase your chances of winning, there will be more tickets in the Advancement Office. The class in each division of the school with the most tickets sold wins a pizza party!
- Mega Prize: 100% Tuition Credit at TASIS Dorado for the 2020-21 school year
- Grand Prize: A new Club Car Precedent Golf Cart
- 1st Prize: $1,000 credits toward a TASIS Dorado tuition bill
- 2nd Prize: $500 credits toward a TASIS Dorado tuition bill
- 3 days, 2 nights stay at Plantation Resort Residences
- (1) Manos Santas Massage for 60 minutes at Spa Botánico, Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- (1) Dinner for two at COA Restaurant at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve
- (1) Dinner for 2 at Melao at Dorado Beach Resort
- Toro Verde Zipline, Toro Roller and Pizza (20 people)
- One Twosome at Dorado Beach Sugarcane Course
- Two Foursome of Golf at the TPC Dorado Beach East Course
- (1) $100 gift certificate for Arena Medalla: Sports & Social at Distrito T-Mobile
- (1) $100 gift certificate for Lupe Reyes: Tacos-Mezcal-Cultura at Distrito T-Mobile
- (1) $100 gift certificate for Sazón: Cocina Criolla at Distrito T-Mobile
- (1) $100 gift certificate for La Central: Rum Bar~Bacoa at Distrito T-Mobile
- (1) $100 gift certificate for Barullo: Taberna Española at Distrito T-Mobile
- (1) $50 gift certificate for Pudge's Pizza at Distrito T-Mobile
Please contribute TODAY to be part of the recovery process in the south of the island and make it possible for some families to return home. Let's provide families with resources that make a difference during this crucial time.
Tickets were sent home with the students this week.
* If you do not wish to take part in the Raffle for personal reasons, please consider donating to our fund to help us reach our goal.
Thank you for your support and GOOD LUCK!
Director of Institutional Advancement
Chairman of Institutional Board Member