Welcome to TASIS Dorado -- a world-class school that transforms lives!
Located in the beautiful seaside town of Dorado, Puerto Rico, TASIS Dorado is an independent, non-sectarian, coeducational, not-for-profit, college-preparatory day school. English is the primary language of instruction and mastery of multiple languages is fostered from Grades PPK to 12.
Guided by the mission of our family of international TASIS Schools, TASIS Dorado strives to inspire the pursuit of knowledge, love of wisdom, appreciation for beauty, and development of character. These values--coupled with artistic endeavor, physical activity, and service to others--combine to provide an unparalleled educational opportunity.
Why TASIS Dorado
The Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools recognized TASIS Dorado with the “Program of Distinction" Award in Early Childhood Education (Grades PPK to 1), the first school in Puerto Rico and second worldwide to achieve this prestigious accomplishment.
TASIS Dorado’s Advanced Placement offerings allow high school students to study college-level material and take achievement exams that enrich their depth of understanding and may also lead to college credits. Our students can select from 30 accelerated (AP) courses in specific areas of interest, allowing students the flexibility to customize their transcript of studies.
- ...motivates students to achieve excellence by establishing high expectations and providing rich opportunities for learning within a supportive educational environment.
- ...engages children through hands-on learning with our content-rich Core Knowledge Curriculum.
- ...encourages teamwork through social-emotional learning, our championship athletics program, award-winning foreign language, history, math, and science departments, motivating classroom projects, and the visual and performing arts program.
- ...is dedicated to small student-teacher ratios. (9:1 on average)
- ...offers a variety of Signature Programs, including the Global Online Academy, TD's Leadership Academy, Innovation Sciences program, Exploration Days, and connections with our TASIS sister schools in Switzerland, England, and Portugal.
- ...cultivates sophisticated critical thinking skills through a wide array of curricular offerings.
- ...fosters the mastery of multiple languages in our graduates to open doors of opportunity in careers and life.
- ...supports students in pursuit of their dreams as they become confident, capable, and kind adults
Choosing the best possible educational program for your child is an exciting and important process. To help with the decision, families are encouraged to schedule a visit for a campus tour and a visitation day.
The challenges and support I received from my teachers and student body is something I will never forget. I felt a sense of recognition for my capabilities and healthy pressure to keep striving for more.
- Graciela Batista, TD Class of 2020