Applying for Tuition Assistance at TASIS Dorado
Your family is important to us.TASIS Dorado seeks to make our educational program available to families of all economic backgrounds. One way we do this is through our Tuition Assistance Program, which provides a personalized approach to tuition setting using a Sliding Scale model. Tuition assistance is calculated based on a family's income and expenses and determined through the Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) online application platform. To be considered for the Sliding Scale model, interested families are required to complete a confidential application.
Why we offer a Tuition Assistance Program
We are committed to making a TASIS Dorado education affordable to current families in our school community who are experiencing financial hardship.
Applying for Tuition Assistance
Step 1: Writing a Letter
- Parents are required to write a formal letter explaining the need for financial aid, inclusive of supporting reasons (e.g., loss of income, change in household dynamics, unexpected medical expenses).
- Email the letter to Dennis Figueroa, Director of Finance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* All information shared is confidential.
Step 2: Link to Fast Platform
- Upon review and approval, parents will be contacted via email and provided with a link to the FAST program application portal.
- The Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) program provides a need-based financial aid analysis service that includes an income verification process.
Step 3: Completing the Fast Application
- Parents are required to complete the FAST application in its entirety, including official documents such as current tax filings, W2 forms, and 480 forms.
- If parents file taxes separately, current tax filings for both parents are required.
- If parents do not file taxes in Puerto Rico, current federal taxes are required.
* Financial aid must be requested every year.
* All steps must be completed annually.
Step 4: Evaluation by the Financial Aid Committee
- The completed application is reviewed by the TASIS Dorado Financial Aid Committee.
- Once a decision is made, parents are notified through a formal letter from the Head of School and Director of Finance.
* Confidentiality is key in this process.
A student receiving financial aid is expected to maintain high standards of citizenship and scholarship while abiding by TASIS Dorado’s student code of conduct.
Financial aid may be rescinded by the Financial Aid Committee should the student jeopardize the standards, ideals, and objectives of TASIS Dorado.
Recipients are responsible for additional costs such as:
- paperback books for courses and summer reading
- fundraising activities
- dues for class fund
- educational travels
- summer programs
Feel free to contact the Dennis Figueroa, Director of Finance, email@example.com.