Art Portfolio Preparation Building
This Portfolio-Building intensive workshop for 9th - 11th grade will encourage them to develop an approach to constructing a body of artwork that will extend thinking and practice, enabling them to confidently apply for further education courses.
The student develops a body of artwork, which can be used towards a portfolio for general college or art college application using skills and techniques in research, sketchbook development, and practical work.
The professor will advise on how to present a portfolio and on interview techniques, art personal statement, and references required. These are all important components of university application to full-time courses and beyond.
- Level: Beginner/Intermediate
- Cost: $600 One week
- Dates: Jun 12 - 16
- Hours: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
The student produces substantial work that will enhance a portfolio and be able to talk about their work confidently. Students will improve their technical skills in various areas, and they can generate ideas for new work and new ways of working.
Who Should Attend
It is for anyone interested in applying to a foundation or BA course or adding to a portfolio. This portfolio preparation course enables students with various abilities to construct appropriate work to form part of a portfolio for their next step into Further and Higher Education. Students should bring previous work.
Basic materials are included.
Cancelation Policy for All Summer Programs
- Written notice of cancelation is required and should be directed to email@example.com.
- If cancelation is made more than 30 days before the session start date, you will receive all money paid, minus a 10% cancelation fee.
- If cancelation is made between 15-30 days before the session starts, you will receive a 50% refund.
- If cancelation is made two weeks or less before the Summer Program session starts, no refund will be issued.
- Refunds are not given for illness, school closures due to unforeseen natural disasters, or missed classes.
- Prorating is not offered for late enrollment or any other situation.
- Cancelations are non-transferable and not applicable to other classes or programs.